Our Branch’s Mission Statement is to enhance the status of play therapy as a profession, provide professional growth opportunities for our members, and to expand the national membership.
• Create networking channels,
• Encourage peer supervision groups,
• Provide a speakers bureau for
interested parties in related disciplines,
• Promulgate sound play therapy
• Be an advocate for children's rights,
• Celebrate the joys of play.
Upcoming Branch Activities
- 1/26 - Paper Bag Play Puppets & Play Therapy 101 @ East Columbia Library 2-3 PM
Keep an eye for details for the events on 4/13 & 5/11
The Association for Play Therapy (APT) defines play therapy as "the systematic use of a theoretical model to establish an interpersonal process wherein trained play therapists use the therapeutic powers of play to help clients prevent or resolve psychosocial difficulties and achieve optimal growth and development."
The MD/DC APT Branch has been in existence since 1994, connecting new and established play therapists from a wide array of mental health disciplines with high-quality training and a community of practitioners and researchers dedicated to improving the lives of children and their families through play therapy.